A greek in Sweden

General discussion about spearfishing. All registered users can add topics and discuss here.

Moderator: Maza

DQ DEV

A greek in Sweden

Postby DQ DEV » 17.5.2005 10:51:31

Hello spearfishing guys!

Since December 2005 I am living in Stockholm but originally I come from Greece.

I used to go spearfishing back home and since there is still see all over me again (even a cold one) I want to take it up again. I just love it.

The problem is that I don't know anything here! Where to fish etc... I just know that is forbidden in Sweden. Therefore I need some guidance and help!

Can Team Kampela help me out???

Do you by any chance organize weekends of spearfishing where I could join?

Do you fish in open waters? I can dive up to 10 m, is that adequate???

Please give me as much info as possible. I would really appreciate it and maybe I could find again my way to my favourite sport!

Thanks a million!

DQ DEV

Maza

Yo Ouzo power!

Postby Maza » 17.5.2005 23:23:03

Stockholms archipelago is great place for spearfishing. spearfishing is forbidden in Sweden but I just heard that they really are working to get rid of this stupid thing!

Spearfishing in close to Stockholm is bit difficult because the water is not clear but you can always go to sea reed place (you know the plant which is growing in the end of the bays, color is kind of yellow) There is always big pikes living!

If you have a car you can go futher out in the archipelago were the water is clearer. I think in your case the best thing would be that if you could rent some cottage for weekends some where close to the open sea. people usually rent boats too. They also have privat waters so if you rent a cottage you can usually fish in the land owners waters.

Åland is also a good place and there is also spearfishing officially forbidden but many Latvian guys go there and they rent a cottage and they spearfisg there.

We have a good competitions in Finland where you can partisipate if you pay the finnish goverments fishing permission (20 euro). Also you have to have insuranse which is coverring the diving ( you have to have paper which says that you are covered by diving). So well come.

next competiton is at Hanko, were you can come by car from Åbo or from Helsinki. The night at Hanko in nice wooden Villas cost 20 euro.

Good luck and just ask more questions but one main advice for you. the fish are mainly in the surface in shallows or just in 5 meters. And 80 prosent you just have to wait in the bottom, less movements better!

And good luck with beautifull swedish girls!

DQ DEV

Getting back in track & drining ouzo

Postby DQ DEV » 18.5.2005 0:54:27

Tjena Maza!!!

Thanks for your detailed answer!

Sweden's law really suck! Well... Let's hope they are going to change it!

The "swedish" options sound interesting but expensive (just a little, poor PhD student here)!

Plus, for vacations (2 weeks in July) I am planning to go spearfishing back home (Greece).

For the rest of the time, I am willing to come and go to Finland.

The spearfishing contest seems quite a good chance. BUT:

I have never taken part into something like that (I am not that of an expert).

News about fishing depth sound also ok! I prefer to fish at 5 meters that at open waters.

What kind of guns are you using? Are 90mm enough or do I need something bigger?

Do you arrange any group excursions in Finland where others could join or not?

Well hopefully I will find my way to spearfish up in the lands of the Vikings!

ps. Swedish girls are really WoW but the one that I am after is a finnish one !!! Ahhh.... Helena!!!

Bye Hunters!!!

DQ

tristan

Postby tristan » 29.3.2006 15:24:06

hello!!!
it s my first post!!!
8)
i'm 17 and i am a spearfishing adicted:!!!! 8)
i am actually in france! But i am half swedish, i 'll try to go in finland this summer for spearfishing, i ll see!
i agree, its so stupid that you can t spearfish in sweden!!! :cry:
i caught a lot of pikes in the arkipelago with a rod!!
bye!!!
tristan
Tristan

Maza

Hi Tristan!

Postby Maza » 29.3.2006 21:26:13

Look our competition calendar. You can take a part of finnish spearfishing competitions. You just have to by Finlands general fishing lisence 20 euro. And then you just have to have a good insurence which is covering spearfishing.

Tjänare, Maza

tristan

Postby tristan » 29.3.2006 23:09:53

Thanks!!! :wink:
i just came back from the sea!!
1.2kg the squid and 500gr for the scorpion fish :lol:

Tristan

Return to “General”