Recommendations for a new suit

General discussion about spearfishing. All registered users can add topics and discuss here.

Moderator: Maza

sorensenjeppe

Recommendations for a new suit

Postby sorensenjeppe » 10.4.2006 17:27:23

Terve terve

It shows from the very nice videos on this page that you also go spearfishing in rather cold conditions, so I would just like to hear what kind of suits you can recommend (brand/model/store)? Also, what kind of fins do you prefer in Finland? With best regards, Jeppe

Maza

Yo Jeppe!

Postby Maza » 10.4.2006 20:04:32

We are using 7 mm measure made suits from Marea sub.
www.mareasub.it

Shark Skin is good new material and it is pretty cheap.

Good luck with hunting!

tristan

Postby tristan » 13.4.2006 20:47:28

For winter i am using a 8mm for the top and 6mm for the botom Dessault X tend measure made
www.dessault.com

http://www.dessault.com/site/xtend.htm
Tristan

sorensenjeppe

New wetsuit

Postby sorensenjeppe » 17.5.2006 11:53:12

Thanks a lot for your replies.

I decided to buy an off-the-shelf suit because of the long delivery times (1-2 months) for the measure-made suits. Bad choice.

I tried to buy an Omer suit from subprof.com, but I gave up after they had twice sent me the wrong suit and since their promises on the phone/e-mail consistently proved to be wrong ("I will ship it today" - yeah right!). If you need a new suit and you are not willing to wait a few weeks and endure tons of hassle - then avoid subprof.com.

Bottom-line: I still need a new suit and I am going for a measure-made this time. Elios or Marea? Any one with experience from both suits?

Thanks a lot and happy hunting!

Jeppe

R.S

Postby R.S » 4.3.2007 13:06:41

I was going trough the same weighning between marea and elios last week. I ended up to marea shark skin 6.5mm. I don't know if there really is much difference between those brands, but to me the problem was solved when I met an unsatisfied elios youser who said he's going to buy marea's suit next time. Marea also promised pretty fast delivery time, only two weeks, which was also a crucial factor to me, bacause I need it fast for a trip to Norway.
My suit, Shark skin 6.5mm with all the optional features cost me 300€. I also ordered a separate vest to give some extra warmth for winter seassons (3-7 centigrade)
I'll report you my first impression, when I get the suit.

Return to “General”