spearfihing in lakes of Finland?

General discussion about spearfishing. All registered users can add topics and discuss here.

Moderator: Maza

slinger

spearfihing in lakes of Finland?

Postby slinger » 9.1.2008 0:58:34

Hello guys! Maybe somebody knows about this place-Suomenniemi,Kuolemajarvi? I stay there ewery week,but newer try spearfihing in this lake. Visibiliti is good!!! If you have information ,please write... Thanks!

Eliel

Postby Eliel » 23.1.2008 21:44:03

Hi!

I don't know the place you're talking about, but I've been fishing in Lake Saimaa quite a lot. In regulations and laws there are not any difference between spearing in the sea or in a lake. So basicly you need to pay fishing licence, and national fishing management fee. You need also the permission from the owner of water area. There are also some lakes and sea-areas in Finland where all fishing is forbidden, you can find them here: http://map.genimap.com/MMM/Kalastuskieltoalue/Kalastuskieltoalue I looked for your place there, and I didn't find it, so seems that spearing is allowed there :-D

Greets,
E

slinger

Postby slinger » 26.1.2008 18:58:53

Thank You Eliel for Your reply! But this lake(Kuolimo) around ,so many owners! I need take permission from oll of them? Owner place,where I stay- my frand,he sayd" No problems at all! Jast need to pay fishing licenc :lol: "but I don't know... :roll:

Eliel

Postby Eliel » 26.1.2008 22:59:01

I'm not familiar with the legislation in detail, but definetely you don't need to ask permission from all the landowners around the lake. The regulations about spearfishing are quite a unclear here in Finland because of the smaal size of our sport, not even all of the fishing supervisors know the official status of spearfishing. So if you just don't fish too close to the other houses and jetties (and of course not at any public beaches or places where there are people swimming around!) and you have paid the license, I would say that fishing there should be okay!

But if there's still something that you aren't sure about, you can check out things about fishing in Finland from here:http://www.mmm.fi/en/index/frontpage/Fishing,_game_reindeer/Recreational_fishing.html

E

slinger

Postby slinger » 27.1.2008 0:35:57

Thanks a lot Eliel! ,and if you need sam help in Sankt Peterburg,just said... :-D Mina myos puhu Suomeksi.....

Return to “General”