17.4.2005 Hanko, Finland

Maza will write here about his doings. Only he can writein this forum.

Moderator: Maza

Maza

17.4.2005 Hanko, Finland

Postby Maza » 18.4.2005 12:47:41

Hang over but the freezing weather is doing good! It was super perfect day and I was thinking that today I will meet the King Kong Bandii Trouts.

No wind and sunny, so all the bays have to warm up. I left the harbour at 22.00 in the night. Later you go for night diving, better. The sky was still dark blue and it was great to see Super Fast Ferry (Big boat which are sailing between Hanko and Rostock) passing me in the middle of the night. I do not have to go for the theatre for a little while because the scene at the night on the sea is better than Broadway.

I arrived to my spot, but I noticed one bad thing. The wind from the north had started blowing. So the wind was pushing the warm water and plankton away from the shallow. Anyway everything seems to be ok.
Water temperature was + 3 celcius and closer to shore + 5 celcius.
But the north wind did it what it is ment to do. I only saw 2 Trouts with 500 grams. So I did not catch anything. Somebody had put nets all around the bay. I checked out the net and there was nothing. So the Trouts are super sensitive for everything and now the wind from the north had push them somewhere else.

So after the bay I visited some rocks and there was plenty of Pearch. That was also a new experince for me because I always thought that all the Pearch are travelling super inside of finnish archipelago in the spring.
Pearch is having the mating time at may so they need nice calm place for making babies. But on those rocks I saw many Perch with the roe in the stomach.

When I turned Lobster back to the city I realised how lucky I have been. The conditions when I was fishing in this weekend were exellent. I learned many things and I got energy to spearfish even in the cold sea. Once again I am telling that if the weather would be different this weekend it would be very possible that I would not see any fish. That would lead to situation that I would not fish this time of the year.

Thrust your instictis and never judge some spot just visiting there once and usually with hang over!
After tomorrow to Norway!

Return to “Maza”