5.5.2005 Korppoo, Finland

Maza will write here about his doings. Only he can writein this forum.

Moderator: Maza

Maza

5.5.2005 Korppoo, Finland

Postby Maza » 9.5.2005 8:48:04

We woke up and the sea fog was horrible (beautiful). We could not see more than 40 meters. Anyway we knew this area good and we have echo-sounder in our Lobster (rubber boat).

We left for hunting archipelago crocodiles (pikes) at Korppoo and we really saw some action in the foggy sea.

First we were action movie stars because it is nice to see when from the fog is coming huge tanker and you are trying to escape it with small rubber boat. After the boat was passing as we were following it in the back stream. After this epidsode we landed in one of the best sea reed spot in Finland. 400 meters of reed and good sand bottom and no summer houses on the bay.

Slowly swimming between the reed with water + 5 celcius. The hypotermia is coming after 2 hours. I saw 13 pikes but none of big ones so I did not shoot any. Köde shooted one 2 kg. The visibility was 7 meters because there was no wind at all, just fog.

Afternoon some other Kampela guys showed up. Pyli, Afro, JK and Vuorikoski were ready for action. Afro went immediatly to sea in our home bay and he was so happy because he so more than 10 pikes and visibility was good 5 meters.

After some drinking and listening the ice-hockey we went to night diving.

I went to another channel which was between two long islands. In the middle of this channel was 200 meters wide spot with shallow water and sand bottom. Water was + 6 celcius so it was perfeckt place for white fish. I saw 4 white fish and I could catch 2. One was really nice 910 grams. Also this shallow place was full of perch. It is great to see at the night time predators sleeping with nice green camuflage. I was looking the perch over 1 kg, but there was none. But the white fish was so good!

Return to “Maza”