21.5.2005 Hanko, Finland

Maza will write here about his doings. Only he can writein this forum.

Moderator: Maza

Maza

21.5.2005 Hanko, Finland

Postby Maza » 23.5.2005 15:22:10

Rapo and Wuorikoski came to Hanko and we decided really catch some fish. The day was perfect. The sun was shining and the temperature was almost +20 celcius. These kind of days at the spring are the best. The power of the light is making the fish active and hunt.

First we went to nice bay between two islands. The water temperature in front of the bay was + 8 celcius and inside of the bay it was already + 11 celcius. Unfortunatly in the bay were no fish. I was visiting the bay 2 days ago with mister Nurmi and then there was a plenty of fish. But that day they were strong wind in to the bay. So, the waves are very important, it is making fish active and less scary. The day with out any wi´nd, maybe the fish do not like the bays. They are under of many threats.

After we went to Dödören. The wind from the east was rising and quit big waves were hitting the east coast of Dödören. Rapo and Wuorikoski went in to the super shallow to check the Ides and Breams but Í wanted to do some White fish waiting. I was having 10 kg of weight wich were keeping me in the bottom. I was waiting only 2 meters of water close to the coast. 10 meters from the coast stones the temperature was 2 celcius warmer than a bit far out. That is the best place. After some time I saw one trout about 1,4 kg swimming far in front of me. It had noticed me so it did not let me enough close. The visibility was 5 meters so I did not have any change of shooting. Then I was really freezing so I changed a spot. I was just swimming by the coast line and I saw gang of White fish. 2 beautifull white wish were in front of me but I did really bad shot, so I did not get any.

After shooting 2 Ides from the shallow I went back to the place were I saw the trout. Second waiting one trout came straight to me, like Perch. I shooted it easily and I was happy. Trout was about 1 kg.

After great day at Dödören we went back to my flat in Hanko and we were preapearing for night diving. Rapo has marked with GPS our way to Dödören so we drove there easily at 12 oclock at the night. The wind was strong and it was quit starnge because we did not see any fish there. It was nice to night diving with visibility of 5 meters. Then we changed a place to my favorite Trout bay in Hanko and it did not let us down.

I saw 3 Trouts but I did not shoot any because they were not big ones. Also there was plenty of big Pearch but it was just nice to look at them. One white fish I shooted from very close but even after 1 minute of chase I miss it. So I really have a good feeling for Dödörens cup. I think that maybe even the Perch will be there in the competition!

Return to “Maza”