12.10.2005 Porkkala, Finland

Maza will write here about his doings. Only he can writein this forum.

Moderator: Maza

Maza

12.10.2005 Porkkala, Finland

Postby Maza » 13.10.2005 13:38:16

What a day! October and sun was shining like hell. I went to Porkkala a bit too late about 11.00 oclock. Because the day was so great that I could continue all evening.

Anyway I went to Söderskär and when I putted my face to the water I couldnt belive what I saw. Visibility was at least 6 meters. And the water temperature was great + 11 celcius. Ok, I started to hunt White Fish. I went to the best spots in front of the Söderskär. But the water was just too clear. How could you even get White Fish in this kind of visibility. In the out side rocks I didnt see any action so I went to close to the shore. ( Siinä Söderskärin etelä reunan ulkopuolella on niitä vedenalasia kareja. Ne on guruja, mutta nyt oli paras paikka se pieni rakkolevänen lahti siinä kuohujen takana rannassa.)

I was looking dirty water. Close to the shore the visibility went down to 3 meters. That was great. Firts I saw two gangs of small White Fishes passing me fast. I realised that I have to hide better and be more in the bottom. So I went back to the boat and I picked up 2 kilos more. Then I went to lay down in to the kelp and I shooted 2 nice White Fishes. I was really shooting far because the fish was not coming close. After the bay I went back to the outside waves and I was sneaking there. I dive first to the bottom about 4-5 meters and then I was diving in the bottom towards to the splashes ( tyrskyt). Then I waited looking up to the rocks. Sometimes I was also sneaking up to the rocks and I saw 2 times White Fish eating. I shooted one with this style.

Then I dived in the most east corner of Söderskär. There is a beautifull platform in 3 meters of water and there is usually always some action. Now there were huge gang of Baltic herrings there, about 100 hundred. I waited and one White Fished passed me too fast. So in the end I catched from Söderskär 4 White Fish. But I really have to say that I was waiting to see much more action, the conditions were so good.

After I drove 20 min to the Gytö ( Kytö) closer to Helsinki. There the water was + 12 celcius and the visibility was only 3 meters, which is much better for White Fish hunting. The problemin Kytö is that there is no super places to hide. The bottom is too flat, there is realy difficult to hide well. Anyway I shooted one small White Fish and I missed one big one. I really expected more action in Kytö. Just before I left, I saw gang of Perches hanging beside one underwater rock about 4 meters. The perches are coming to the shallow at night.

After I went to the Porkkala grass action. I saw only one Pike in the middle of the Grass and I missed it. Anyway the conditions are unbeliveable great now at Porkkala!

Return to “Maza”