10.12.2005 Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy

Maza will write here about his doings. Only he can writein this forum.

Moderator: Maza

Maza

10.12.2005 Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy

Postby Maza » 11.12.2005 19:52:15

Finally the competiton day. And we knew that it would be good idea to follow the locals, but this competiton is not that important. So after the start we droved 23 minutes to the Torre. And we were alone there. Usually it is not a good sign. We catched 2 Scorpion fish but the fat mama was not in her hole. Shit we looking with Mikko like hell, but no.

Mikko was doing a great job with the wreck but nothing. I was searching all the holes but after one hour we were having two fish. Mikko had shooted one and me the other one.

Then we checked out the more rocks but problem for me was that the rocks ended at 10 meters. I would like to find some rocks at 20 meters and more but there was only sand. Then we drove back to the bay were were more boats. Local guys were driving from hole to the another. We followed one Italian team but, beside there special places were only grass, sand in 18-23 meters. So after while we realised that we will not get any fish here. The coast was totally dead so it was no reason to go there and do some waiting. So we drove back to the Torre. There we bought shooted one more Scorpion fish. Yes we were really in the good mood. Mikko was continuing diving deep in the rocks. I was looking rocks at 8 meters. In mediterrain you just have to look and look. It is so boaring but there is no other way and especially there is no lotto fish.

AAAA, under one rock I saw action. Soon I realised it was a Mullet. I know how to deal with them in the rocks so I waited when it would put its ugly head out. Pam I shooted and immediatly I was taking it to my hands, but shit, its slime skin was fighting and it escaped from my hands. Shit, I realkly knew it would be a important fish. After that I shooted one Murena, but it was 1800 grams, it should be 2 kg. It also bited me so I will have a nice tattoo from it.

Ok, we were happy anyway and we droved back to the goal pretty tired.
And once again. The local guys + spanish team came with about 20 fish.

Ok, we were having 4 fish and we were 5 th country. We beated up San Marino and Slovenia. If I would able to catch the Mullet we would be number 3 and we would get 200 euro. At least that should happen.

Ok, story continues soon!

Return to “Maza”