1.3.2006 Mahahual, Mexico

Maza will write here about his doings. Only he can writein this forum.

Moderator: Maza

Maza

1.3.2006 Mahahual, Mexico

Postby Maza » 2.3.2006 2:40:57

I knew something strange will happen. I was having meeting with Julen at monday night at Cancun airport at 11.00 pm. But the spanish guy didnt show up. I waited all the last plains and nothing. Also in the morning now idea were this guy could be. So only solution start my trip by my self. I knew that Julen knows were to meet Kerejeta at saturday, so hope everything is ok with Julen.

So yesterday I jumped to the Bus and I was heading to the village were Kerejeta was having some fishing friend. Quit easy trip and after 6 hours I was at Mahahual. What a place is this. A village and then in the beach this kind of piece of shit. But I found a nice bungalow place a bit far.

Nobody knows Keres friend Pixte. But because I speak spanish everything will go well. So I did some asking and I got some bad information and good. Officially spearfishing is forbidden. And only the guys with licence can take foreign guys out to the sea. But thank god this is Mexico. I found a HC looking fishermen and we made a deal that I have to pay like hell but if I am going to get some fish we will negociate.

So today we drove with nice boat 30 minutes to the south. And staright to the 23 meters deep. I havent been at the sea almost 3 months. But everything went ok. I shooted one groupper 9 kg and barracuda 5 kg and some 2 kg snappers. The fisher men were happy. We met some other fisher mens which were having 300 meters of nets, over the night and they only catched 3 Barracudas.

Ok, but little details about the fishing here. Visibility ok 20 meters. Water temperatur 26 celcius. But the fishing, fucken difficult. Big rocks and you have to go really in the tuff places for looking the fishes. I saw like 5 Grouppers but they are fucken clever. They really dont let you too close. The one I catched fighted like hell and it went deep in one hole but I got it after 30 minut of fight. The caves are here super deep and difficult so if you let the Grouppers escape to the holes, you will loose your arrow.

So I have to say that really difficult fishing but of course it was great. I think that tomorrow I will get more grouppers.

So I will fish by my self now 3 more days and hopefully meet the guys on saturday night!

Return to “Maza”