2.3.2006 Mahahual, Mexico

Maza will write here about his doings. Only he can writein this forum.

Moderator: Maza

Maza

2.3.2006 Mahahual, Mexico

Postby Maza » 3.3.2006 2:56:32

Now we are starting to talk about a real holiday! Yesterday I went to bed at oclock in the evening. I woke up today 6 am. perfect. Sun was rising and I was doing my morning streching with the pelicans. And this is really grazy place. In the morning is coming 2 or 3 super Caribbian cruisers in the harbour. Then to this little playa is full of like hundreds of turists. Mostly fat americansand totally lost with their digi cameras. They are in the bus and just lookin down to the poor village! What a contrast!

Then my basic breakfast. I always eat same food in this trips, because I try to keep my stomach inna good shape. So in the morning I eat two toast breads with the avocado. One banana and glas of juice. Then I started to put my gear ready. I am diving here with only 2 kg. That quit nice for the back, usually after diving in the north is always hurting in the back, but not here.

After the gear is ready I was thinking what I should do better in the water than yesterday. The main problem was that the Grouppers were super scary. So I have to ambush them. Ok, 30 pages of my travel reading, Dostojevskis Idiot!

I went to wake up the fishermen, I dont remember his name, I will tell it tomorrow. Loading the boat with the stuff and huge can of petrolio. Then we drove again to the south 30 min. In fron of this place the sea is totally empy. Only tourist snorkeling in the reef. Ok, now it was super great. I jumped to the water and the water was cristallina. 22 meters of visibility and temperaure still 26 celcius. My face was allready yesterday burning but what can I do. I felt perfect in my body and I started to work. Because if I wouldnt catch anything I should pay 500 pesos, 50 USD. but today I was a fucken machine. I shooted one Groupper 6 kg. 3 Abadejos each about 4 kg. 15 Snappers and the fish what we catched in Chile. Local Abbore.

But the caves. The HC caves. I could see the Grouppers from the surface. They were taking chili in front of the caves. So I really have to sneak. I went down to 19 to 24 meters and I swam in the bottom behind the rocks and I was trying to suprise them. I did great but of course the biggest about 11 kg just escaped in front of my eyes. I followed in to the deep HC cave but I couldn find it even I was lookin it with my lamp. But I could here it when it was hitting its body against the walls of Alcatraz!

Ok, super day and the mount of fish I catched was enough to pay everything. The boat men, gasolin, the owner of the boat, many mouths the Gringo have to feed! Then like yesterday the fishermen invite me to his family house to eat some of my catch. Perfect dinner and especially the speciality. The Grouppers asshole skin. The skin which is starting from stomach and ends to the B door. They cleaned it well and fried it strongly. Super deliciuops, like I was eating the bulls tong or something like that!

Ok, still no clue about Julen but hopefully I will meet the spanish firemens on saturday! Besolito!

Return to “Maza”