13.3.2006 San Augustin, Mexico

Maza will write here about his doings. Only he can writein this forum.

Moderator: Maza

Maza

13.3.2006 San Augustin, Mexico

Postby Maza » 22.3.2006 0:30:39

Waking up like usually 6 am. I went to have a pis by the sea. The sharp, dark, dangerous black rocks standing from the red sea. And the sun rising strongly and fast. What a theatre of nature and me as a only audience.

And the day was in top 3 fishing ever. We went out from the bay and the sea was going grazy because of the current. It was now full moon so the sea was really moving. We saw from the boat few underwater rocks, and the current was so HC that it just took the boat and, few seconds we were far away from the rocks. The current was moving from south to north, against the waves. We found a again the underwater rocks and we threw a anchor and boey to the sea. Then we drove against the current and jumped 200 meters before the boye to the sea. Few minutes strong breathing and then about 50 meters before the boye we started to go down.

Joseba always choosed the time and the spot to go to the bottom. He was smelling the conditions. When blue Sardins and Pampanos were swimming grazy around as we went down. We went to the sand bottom beside the rocks to 22 meters. The current was throwing sand so the visibility was only 5 meters. But when the Sardins showed up in the bottom, Joseba was just waiting and after 20 seconds the big mamas came to the stage. Great Amber Jacks around 10-20 kg were having sushi lunch in the sand strom. But Joseba and me unfortunelly were forcing to stop this. So we pierced the big eyes predators.

This strong animals are having so much power that if your reel is not working you will loose your gun immediatly. We were of course trying to shoot killing shots as much as we could but, we really did some mistakes in the beginning. Our nylos were fucked up. We lost 3 spears in this day.
But in the end the day was perfect. We went down together. One with the video camera and one with the gun. I was more lucky and I got the biggest Amber Jack 20 kg.

I dived down to the bottom just beside were the rocks were going up from the sand. I put my hand to the bottom and I was trying not to move too much. But the current was really strong even down. But the pelacig fish was coming. Two big guys came close. I was aiming like 3 seconds and I shooted straight to the head, but "Oh my god" what was the power of the fish. The reel was singing HC. I was coming up which is super important after the shoot. First up as fast as possible. Never stay in bottom and try to pull the big fish up. I went to the surface and I started to pull the rope and the Amber Jack up. The big eye model has pulled 40 meters out from the reel. We were having 50 meteers in the reel. So I really have to pull. The problem was that when I was pulling the rope up, it was staying in the surface and the current was putting the rope around my feets. That is super dangerous. If the fish starts to go down agaain, you are going also. This dangerous false has killed some spearfishers. Thanks to Joseba, he told me what was happening so we took the ropes away from my feets. It was good because, my shoot was in the head but mainly in the , you know those red stuff whic fish is using for breathing.

When the fish was coming up the current had moved as so much that the long rope has mixed with anchor-boye line. So current was taking more far and now the line in surface was ending. I was still having fish in the spear and now I have to fight with the fish and the current because otherwise the rope would broke. And the spear was in the fish and it was really moving HC. I was really concentrating not to have spear between my ribs. I shout to the boat to come close and I was able to put monster to the mexican beer boat. What a fight and I have to say that, there was many posibilities to fuck up the catch but we made it. So super important to fish together and with the boat.

Together we catched like 5 big Amber Jacks and some Red Snappers. Fisher man were super happy and we were having great party at the village, and some beer!

Return to “Maza”