5.5.2006 Korppoo, Finland

Maza will write here about his doings. Only he can writein this forum.

Moderator: Maza

Maza

5.5.2006 Korppoo, Finland

Postby Maza » 14.5.2006 12:02:58

The weather was like in sun shine reggae, I drove with the boat from Hanko to Korppoo archipelago. First 2 and half hours to Nötö with 25 liters of gasoline. Then 1 hour to Korppoo. Our sea situation was really bad. At Hanko the visibility was 1 meters because the brown sea weed is having its blooming time. But usually at least the Nötö island island is clear. But this was the first year than also the Nötö region was having its brown party. The south and west Korppoo island was really clear. Green, cold water from plus 4 – 7 celcius. But also at Korppoo the best bays which used to be clear sand bottoms are fucked up. Visibility only 4 meters and its really hard to find white sand bottoms.

Anyway, after many hours driven with the boat I hitted Korppoo. Rapo and Antto was waiting. We went to our cabin and we were preapearing to night diving. We met also our good fisher men friends from Tampere. They are fishing with nets and angling. We have know them 10 years. They told that like 10 years ago they used to have 200 White fish in the week. Now day even they have come much better, they are having like 20 white fish a week. So we went for night diving with the boat to our good spots. The best spots are always were is the border of the inside archipelago and beginning of the open sea. easy sand bottom bays and other chili places. No sea weed spots, in the night we are not interested of Pikes. So, the night was one of the best. I catched 4 White fishes and one Trout. The Trout was only 1 kg, but the biggest White fish was aalmost 1 kg. I also missed 2 White Fishes, one a monster. They were all close to the shore were the sun has heated the rock. Also the surface water was very dirty, but full of plankton and little fishes. So good vibration, At 2 clock at the night we eat best oven White fish a la Antto. There was no problems to catch sleep even Antto was doing his best.

Return to “Maza”