15.1.2005 Mallorca Spain

Maza will write here about his doings. Only he can writein this forum.

Moderator: Maza

Maza

15.1.2005 Mallorca Spain

Postby Maza » 16.1.2005 17:17:25

Masters of Spearfishing is invitation competiton. All the best from Europe are always here. Bellani, March, Carbonel, Silvestri, Torres, Kerejeta, Pioch, Bardoux, Gonzalez, Lopez-Cid and they invited me because the Chilen guys could not come. It is great that they respect the Baltic Sea champion.

This competition is organised by City Of Palma de Mallorca with
Federation subactivas de Islas Baleares. The winner get 2000 euro!

The competition zone is from the Palma to west. So I went today for scouting!

Carlos picked me up from the hotel and we left the land behind as. Last year I did also this competition so I remember some good stones. But the last year the conditions were wery different. It was strong wind and big waves. So the fish was closer to the shore. Now the conditions are totally different. Water is super cristal, visibility in most of the zone is 25 meters and no waves at all.

Ok, all day scouting and I saw 3 fishes (limit here same as Estonia 300 g.)
I dont know. This time I really think that there is no fish in the shore. Also the visibility is so amazing that all the swimming fish is keeping the distance.
What I am going to do. My technic to shoot fish from the little holes and under the little stones is poor. I cant combite in this with the masters.
I am going to do the thing where I am best. I am going to fish very deep.
There is fish and it is more calm. So if there is not really fish in the shallow waters I am going to do well. Otherwise, by by....

Now I have been fishing six days with out rest so tomorrow I will rest and look pay-tv. I am going to fish 20-30 meters so my body needs to relax.
Tomorrow day of, yes....

Return to “Maza”