17.1.2005 Mallorca, Spain (Masters of Spearfishing)

Maza will write here about his doings. Only he can writein this forum.

Moderator: Maza

Maza

17.1.2005 Mallorca, Spain (Masters of Spearfishing)

Postby Maza » 21.1.2005 11:52:57

I slept about one hour. You can't stop the time. I was kind of in half sleep. All the time thinking something but also sleeping. It is always a problem that one day before the competition I am resting. Because your body has used to hard practising. Suddenly one day you are not using the energy. Then in the night the body is still ready for action and the dreams are not coming easily.

For breakfast one glass of orange juice and one bread. I don't like to eat much in the competition mornings. Concertration....Easy movements!

All the competitors changed the suits in the nice sailing center of Palma. Then with the boats to the competition zone.

Competition zone was having a small waves and I was still confident that there is no fish at the shore, shallow water. So when the competition started I hitted
my rocks at 26 meters. I was starting fishing with Bruno de Silvestri. He fished at 20 meters at the same rocks. I shooted one Scorbai in these rocks and my arrow stagged in the rock. It is pretty shit to go at 26 meters and try to pull the arrow out.

Few fish in this island. Finally I saw in my deep stones a lot of these Scorbais but only two where valid. Then I started to look Morenas and Eals (Gongrio). I got two Morenas and one Eal. I tought I really fucked up but in the end of the competiton I did well. I was number 9.

Alberto March won with 26 pieces. And of course many of the competitors find the fish in the 10- 20 meters. But they are masters, Masters of Puppets is pulling your strings!

The un official results:

1.Alberto March 24.000
2. Pedro Carbonell 14.000
3. Stefano Bellani 13.000
4. Tony Carbonell 12.000
5. Bruno de Silvestri 11.900
6. Olivier Bardoux 11.500
7. Joseba Kerejeta 11.000
8. Santiago Lopez 8.900
9. Matti Pyykko 7.900
10. Sylvain Pioch 7.500
11. Pepe Vina 7.300
12. Italian Guy 6.900
13. Rui Torres 4.100
14. Ricardo Gonzales 4.000

So it went well, last year I was 14.
Lets kick some Mediterrain ass.
I am not going to Sardinia, Gagliari in the end of february. There is one official CMAS competition. Mediterrian Sea is totally out from fish.

Ok, now back to swimming pool to practise hard! Harder!

Return to “Maza”