12.1.2007 Solomon Islands, Guadalcanal

Maza will write here about his doings. Only he can writein this forum.

Moderator: Maza

Maza

12.1.2007 Solomon Islands, Guadalcanal

Postby Maza » 13.1.2007 2:18:38

After first day I was so dead at evening. The sun, deep diving and super hot water. I was thinking I cant make it. But the morning of the second day I felt super ok.

Today we were forced just to fish, not so much underwater filming, because the local guys wanted to have fish to sell. Ok then...

We went like 7 miles out way to Russel Islands to one good reef. It was 20 meters from the most up and then it went to abyss. We were killing the 2-3 kilo fishes first 3 hours so the local guys were happy. But it was not easy. You really have to hide your self and wait. It was not easy to wait 20-30 seconds in 18-23 meters. Main problem was the sun. So fucken Sauna!

Then the current took as to the end of the reef. There was a lot of Sardinas so we started to look around. We kept together because the sharks were also there. Charles was also at the water but he could dive too deep. Joseba went down, to the fish soup. I looked from up. Wau, it was nice to see when big Spanish Macrell came. Joseba was taking easy and aiming. Pam, he shooted it and a big fight. The hit was not so good so I went down and I shooted in the head. Super nice fish which weighted 15 kg. This was a good place. Then I went down. I was taking easy with the Sardins at 27 meters. Then I saw two Dog Thoot Tunas showing up. They kept the distance but after some time they came closer. I waited and waited. Then I shooted the big one and nice it would run away. I was using boye in my gun so I just went up and started to pull Tuna up. Yes, It was my firs Tuna fish ever. It weighted about 9 kg. From this spot we catched 3 Dog Thooth Tunas more and some Spanish Macrelss ( The local called it King Fish). Only hassel of the day was when Joseba shooted one Tuna. We were using a " brake away system" so the boye line was connected to a spear, not to the gun. The Tuna went down and it was swimming around a stone. Shit it was really deep. We did like this. Resting like hell and then I started to push Joseba down. Joseba was taking easy, not using a energy. At 32 meters at the bottom I let go and I was starting to go up. Joseba stayed there and it was releasing the fish. Then I was up and checking that Joseba was ok. What a action!
So it was a great day and the best stuff was that the sun was not a big promlem anymore.

Ok, now back to Honiara to check if Josebas bag would come and then to the western province of Solomon Islands!

Return to “Maza”