23.2.2007 Rora Rora Island, Manus, Papua New Guinea

Maza will write here about his doings. Only he can writein this forum.

Moderator: Maza

Maza

23.2.2007 Rora Rora Island, Manus, Papua New Guinea

Postby Maza » 8.3.2007 9:45:59

I was forced to rest 5 days because my feets were really bad shape. I have had them open 5 weeks. I havent wear the shoes and fucken humidity and the shit. They are just not closing.

Then I checked the situation. Close to Lorengau is not big fish. So we decided to wake up 4 oclock at the morning with the grazy brothers and go to this island at the southern side of Manus.

The brothers took the boat at the bridge of Los Negros. Reea and me were driving a Rambo Car to the bridge with all the equipment. There we were at the totally darknes beside the crocodile mangrove waiting for the boys. After one hour they came and we continued the trip with the dingi
( a boat with 30 horse power Yamaha at the back ). We drove about 80 minutes and then we were at Roa Roa island. I saw right away that there would be a problem becaus e they were small islands or outside reefs. It was just the island and then the drop offs. The pelagic fish needs to have islands, reefs and current.

At the south side of the islands toward to the Lou island the water was extreamly clear. The visibility was 30 meters. The vulcanic walls just went to the abyss. It was great diving but I could feel it is not place for a super big fish. Anyway because there were hangry guys at the boat I have to work. I started to dive to 25 meters and then I hided my self in to the wall. It is always wery important to try to be at the shadows or some holes. If the fish sees you from the far they are not coming close. When I was down I always waited some time if I would see some swimming pelagics, but after 15 second I started to move and find a fish at the holes of the great wall. Thsi style I was catching small fishes and the boys up stairs at the boat wery happy. We we swimming and driving with the boat around the whole island but no, current or some super place. At the east point I shooted one small Dog thoot but that was it.

At 4 pm, after 10 diving I told the guys lets go home. Great dive but once again no big fish. When we weer at back at Lorengau I told the guys that if they are not taking me to the great spots I would leave this island. They response was clear. "Take eazy, tomorrow to the night club and monday we go far away". I was happy with that.

Return to “Maza”