21.3.2005 Eritrea, Asmara

Maza will write here about his doings. Only he can writein this forum.

Moderator: Maza

Maza

21.3.2005 Eritrea, Asmara

Postby Maza » 31.3.2005 22:39:13

One year ago when I was travelling with Joseba at Myanmar we met one Goa guy who had travelled all over the horn of the Africa. He told as that Eritrea is a interesting place. If you look carefully the map you can see that there is amazing Dahlak archipelago. Red Sea, virgin islands and country in big mess. Perfect conditions for great spearfishing adventure.

I met Joseba and his fire men friend Jesus at Frankfurt 9 am. We were talking bull shit and then we jump to the plane to Asmara (capital of Eritrea) at 10.50 am. The flight was via Riad, Saudi Arabia. We were laughing because after Riad the plane was having 15 passengers. Eritrea is not at the top of the list. It was sad that we fly over the Red Sea at the night so we could not sea the archipelago from the sky.

We landed to Asmara airport which was welcoming as with a lot of holes in the runway. So we really got bumpy landing and one wheele got broken.

We were a bit stressed about our spearguns in the custom because all these weird countries are behaving strange when they see the leathel weapons. Luckily the custom was not opening our luggage and we were realised.

Out side of the airport happened something with I will never forget. Three tourist with a lot of luggage and nobody was interested about as and nobody was hustling with as. We had to wait 15 minutes to catch a taxi. Unbeliveable that in Africa can be a place with these amount of calmnes. Nobody shouting pushing or hustling. Amazing. We paid 10 dollars (200 Nafta) for the taxi to centre. We slept first night at pension Pisa, 8 dollars, one room for 3 guys.

At 3 oclock at the night the local Mosque wake as up. The MC was singing super loud half an hour. African sky with shining stars and Islamic MC, nice welcoming!

Return to “Maza”