25.2.2005 Eritrea, Galaloo

Maza will write here about his doings. Only he can writein this forum.

Moderator: Maza

Maza

25.2.2005 Eritrea, Galaloo

Postby Maza » 5.4.2005 12:47:25

In the morning I really saw how was the town called Galaloo. It was fucken military base. We came in the middle of the night with truck to the army base with out papers. Quit orginal. We were still a bit scared about the situation but once again Joseba saved our asses. He left in the early morning with out permission to walk to the new hotel. Jesus and I were just hiding under the mosquito nets. We were totally scared if the HC police cheaf would come and Joseba was not avaivable. I have to say that this 90 minutes before Joseba came was one of the longest.

Joseba came with happy face. He went to the hotel and explane what a horrible thing happened as in the night and now the police woould send us back. Of course Joseba was lying that we wanted to sleep this new hotel. So the hotel manager searched the super military boss and they went all together to visit HC police cheaf, who was actually having our passports. Big boss tell the HC that it was ok, and we could stay in the new hotel.
What a realise! We were full hope to do good spearfishing, but once again we were at Africa. All the people at the hotel were amazed about our spear guns and they were supporting our fishing, but. There were not even one boat in hole fucken village! Unbeliveable. In front of us were unbeliveable islands, about 20 km from the coast. Super virgin islands.So close but so far away. This journey was really teaching me to be a humble. People who knows me can maybe imagine whay kind of feelings I was having inside of me. All ready many days in this country and I havent visited the sea!
My body was in the fire. This was first time that I understood that Africa is not maybe place for me. Jing-Jang!

So we looked all day the boat or canoe or something, but we did not found anything.
So we have to walk under the killing sun (40 celcius), 2 kilometers to the beach. Fucken water, it was really dirty. The visibility was like 4 meters. AAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

We shooted some snappers and jack of 15 kg! Fucken hell. I travelled Africa for this shit. But we wanted to have a adventure and this was definetly it. After the diving we went back to the great hotel and we washed our selves well. And a beatifull dinner. Before we went to sleep we decided that there is no another way than go back to the Massawa. So tomorrow was once again just a travelling day!

Return to “Maza”