27.2.2005 Eritrea

Maza will write here about his doings. Only he can writein this forum.

Moderator: Maza

Maza

27.2.2005 Eritrea

Postby Maza » 5.4.2005 12:51:23

Horrible morning. I was not sleeping good and the wind machine in the roof was snoring.
We woke-up and we desided that today we have to fix the boats to the Dahlak archipelago or we will give up. Joseba and Jesus went to look for a boat and I went to the police station to pick up our passports. I was so depressed about all the problems that I called 20 minutes to Milada (my girl friend).

I came to the police station and i asked our passports. I have to wait a bit and then we went to another building were one byrocratic women were asking me a milliin questions. i was playing dumm but then I laughed when she took my passport. She looked my photo and suddenly the page just ripped of. Here I was in the Africa in the police station with the fucked up passport. But luckyli the lady did not care and in the end she gave me all the passsports. I was walking back to the hotel.

On the harbourg I saw some norwigian guys. They had came from Thailand with a sailing boat and now they were going to Syria. I almost asked if I could join them and leave this shit. Jing-Jang. Joseba came and he had fixed a ride for us tomorrow. I could not belive it. Was it really thrue that we could leave to the Dahlak archipelago?

The facts about our journey for 8 days to the Dahlak archipelago:
-Boat will take us monday morning 28.3 to the island of Dahret. Tuesday the boat will take us to the island of Durgan. Tuesday night the boat returns to the Massawa. Boat will return to the island of Durgan at monday 7.3.
-We were having 48 liters of fresh water.
-2 kg of rise. 1 kg of spagetti. 2 kg of mysli. 7 onions. 7 garlic. 6 orange. 2 packets of bisquits. 3 cans of tomato sause.
-10 kg of dry wood.
-A tent for making a shadow.
Eritrean diving center:
Telephone: 2911 552688 Fax: 2911 552189
Post address: Tewilet. Massawa. Eritrea

The prize that we had to pay to the Eritrean diving center which was definetly the cheapest way to go was 15700 naftas (1060 USA dollars), (black market 780 USA dollars). Super expensive but we did not have any another choise.

Return to “Maza”