4.3.2005 Eritrea, Dahlak archipelago

Maza will write here about his doings. Only he can writein this forum.

Moderator: Maza

Maza

4.3.2005 Eritrea, Dahlak archipelago

Postby Maza » 13.4.2005 19:11:49

Now it is friday and people are going to have some party! I am having Goa trance party at this moment, at 6 am in the island of Durgan in Buta Eritrea!

This was the first morning that I could relaxly enjoy the freedom what this place was offering. I was a naked indian! Yee right!

Goa atmosphere was disappering for a moment when Joseba was waking up. He had slept in the beach as usually. Night was so hot that we had pas out naked. And last night was the night of the blood. We could not understand but some where from the 3 threes had came the army of mosquitos to eat our dry bodies. We were counting. Joseba was having 20 bites, Jesus 8 and me because I was always sleeping under mosquito net 4.
La fiesta de la Malaria!

The full moon was gone and the sea was moving. Good sign but we were forced to have easy day because yesterday was super hard. Jesus was taking pictures alone just close to the camp and me and Joseba were filming beautiful coral. What a chaos but in the otherhand so controlled. I was freaking out when I was filming the coral. How it is possible that stone is growing, and somebody says that coral is a plant. I do not understand but somehow the maddnes of coral is so attractive. You can dive in to the colors and psycedelia. Sometimes I was totally forgetting that I am underwater when I was targeting my eyes on this world of Picasso.

So we were just 2 hours on the reef. When we were going back to our privat beach we stopped for a moment to look shells in the shallow water. All the shells were having craps and slime guys inside. Suddenly the Jing and Jang was hitting as too hard.

Jesus shouted, ” Where is my camera”. I stopped immediatly and Jesus started to look around. Joseba came from the camp and he set anchor for the place were Jesus had saw last time the camera packet. It was fucken 2 meters water in this area. Clear sand, some stones and time to time sea weed bushes. Current was rising. Fucken hell. I do not want to remember more this moment but these are the facts, Jesus lost his 5000 euro camera equipments. We were looking the camera until there was no light left. Next morning we were looking more 2 hours and Jesus was spending all the last days as Sherloc Holmes..
Jesus had won two times Spanish underwater photography (apnea style) competition with this equipments. The system should stay in the bottom. But the current which is the key of life tooked this materialism. Everybody can understand that the feelings in the dinner table were not good. First night that the spanish team went early to the beds.

Return to “Maza”